Colin Irvine

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 03:15:29 +0000, John Rumm
squeezed out the following:

Colin Irvine wrote:

i.e. I leave the boiler permanently on (it has no programmer of its own,
other than the on/off switch), and set the programmable stat to control
everything.

... whereas most of the time we're relying on the boiler timer to
switch it on and off, and only rarely (in freezing conditions) leave
the boiler permanently on. That's the opposite to you - same as Dave.

Fairy snuff... same as me but only when freezing, otherwise same as Dave.

Any particular reason you switch methods like that?

Not really, now I come to think of it! If I had to choose one method
I'd go for the programmable thermostat, but doing it our way I can
have the standby temperature not too far below the comfort setting
without feeling I'm wasting money when it's not freezing. Well it
makes sense to me, anyway!

--
Colin Irvine