Alan

How are you thinking of powering the camera?

As long as you have a signal of 1 Volts peak to peak on the video output
from the camera, which is the normal signal threshold on this type of
camera, you will be able to send video over an unshielded twisted pair

(UTP)
or CAT5 cable without any decay, as long as you keep the signal on one

pair
only. The device on the link is just an easy adaptor between standard BNC
and RJ45 connectors.

We do these systems nearly every day and to save us using miles of

separate
coaxial cables to remote positions on site, we use a single multi-core
unshielded twisted pair cable to one central hub point, then distribute
coaxial to the individual cameras from there. We have had UTP cable runs

up
to 500 - 600 mtrs without problems using a powered hub as a simple

amplifier
to keep the signals along the UTP to the receiver end at the 1 Volts peak

peak limit.

No need to power the camera at the moment as it will have local power
source. I have ordered a pair of the versions which also transmit audio as
it may be useful to have the facility.

Thanks again for the link.

Alan.