Art

Agreed, Bubba: Toshiba has encountered a fair number of defective yokes,
that can be easily diagnosed by doing a DC resistance or even ringing them.
The DCU is another possibility but almost as rare as the yokes.
"BubbaJim" wrote in message
. 40...
Robotron Tom wrote in
:

Art stated:

There are numerous resistors in the same physical area as the STK
devices. Check each one and compare those on one circuit withthose in
another. If in doubt you may want to have a professional have a go at
the tele. Or at least buy the service manual or a SAMS Photofact.

Great idea...I'll start on that tomorrow. Am I going to be able to
check these resistors in circuit? Do you know if this set is capable
of generating test patterns? I went into service mode but couldn't get
a pattern to come on.

I did find the service manual online for $20, so that is going to
happen.

Will the affected color(s) convergence adjust vertically and
horizontally? If they do , resistors probably are NOT the problem, you
could be looking at a bad yoke (only saw it once) or a bad DCU. Pull the
affected yoke and look for evidence of arcing/burning.
bubbajim

News==----
Newsgroups
=----