Notty Pine

Default Fridge/freezer replacement

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 23:49:54 -0000, "Notty Pine"
wrote:

Well something is seriously wrong with your testing, or your
equipment, because most thermostats have about a 5 degree C

difference
between on and off, making a less than 1 degree difference

impossible
to achieve.

No it isn't. I know perfectly well how to do a temperature test,
thanks.

This particular freezer has microprocessor based control and
insulation to meet the highest energy saving rating.

The hysteresis of the thermostat is a great deal less than 5 degrees
as it reasonably can be given the design and class of insultation.

I am still not convinced about your results. If a thermostat was set
to less than a 1 degree C difference, between on and off, as you
implied with your test results, then the freezer compressor would be
constantly switching on and off, which would cost a fortune to run as
compressors use a high starting current.