Asimov

"Joe" bravely wrote to "All" (10 Dec 04 01:53:02)
--- on the heady topic of " Sony KV27S15 weak CRT"

Jo From: "Joe"

Jo I did the same but jumped with a .5 ohm to limit the inrush somewhat
Jo (KV2786R)
Jo Been 2 years, no effect on the flyback but I was still unsatisfied
Jo with the picture.
Jo The back of the tube was still clear with no signs of "silvering"
Jo I took a chance with an old BW Rejuvenator. I wired it to a color CRT
Jo socket and gave the guns a "shot" one at a time. It paid off, I was
Jo lucky.
Jo -Joe

Sometimes the cathode gets dusty and this hinders the emission. The
rejuv clears away the film and restores emission. Sometimes all the
grids get dirty and no amount of rejuv will clear that.

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... I know flyback, ultor, and 47 other dangerous words.