Asimov

"N Cook" bravely wrote to "All" (09 Dec 04 22:40:47)
--- on the heady topic of "Superglue query"

NC From: "N Cook"

NC I was talking to a mechanical engineer today and he mentioned
NC that he stores super glue in the fridge - fair enough- I do also.
NC But he removes the top so the air can get to it .
NC Anyone do the same so it doesn't go off of its own accord when
NC excluded from air ? Apparently he's done it for years ever
NC since asking the Permabond rep why they never sell full bottles.

I always keep mine in the freezer, it's much better than the fridge.
It doesn't freeze nor turn to jelly and dries just as fast. Keeping
the top off is a bad idea because the super glue combines with water
vapour in the air to harden instantly. Your friend is just weakening
his glue by leaving it in contact with the air.

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... That was a fascinating period of time for electronics