TERRY AMP KATHLEE BAXTER

Default Kenwood 4070 Receiver

Hello,

I have a Kenwood 4070 receiver and I can not get any output. When I turn
the rotary switch on, the lights on the tuner etc come on however nothing
works, no am/fm signal is detect etc. I can hear a hum in the transformer
so I think that is ok. The fuses also check out ok. I notice the rotary
speaker switch which servers as the power switch also has two fairly large
wires connect to it. I assume this the ac lead and return. To check out
this switch does anyone know if I could short these two wires together to
see if the switch is defective, (by pass the switch)?. Please let me know
since I would like to repair this unit however I do not have any repair
manuals etc for this unit. Any feedback would be appreciated on
troubleshooting this problem.

Regards

Terry