James Sweet

"wave" wave@waving wrote in message ...
Thanks everyone for the advice, considering the advice I decided to not
worry about the inverter technology and bought a Sanyo microwave,
unfortunately there is no way I am going to fit this or any other

microwave
in my microwave space without breaking the clearance rules laid out in the
manual, obviously a lot of people must ignore these, same goes to people

who
build home kitchens as my kitchen as a space designed for microwaves but

in
practice it will not do the job, bummer. I guess my question is if there

is
a person who fixes microwaves or has some other reason to know what

minimum
standard clearances are acceptable, i.e are the manufacturers clearances
over engineered? The manual for the sanyo says 20cm above, 10cm at the

back
and 5cm on the sides.

Depends on the unit, note where the ventilation grills are and try to allow
some airflow, particularly to the fan. I've seen some installations that
used a small duct to a vent located above or below the oven.