Allodoxaphobia

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 23:55:34 GMT, NSM hath writ:

wrote in message
ups.com...
| Jonesy,
| Thanks for your reply and sorry if I'm being dense but would a vga
| breakout cable have the individual lines (r,g,b,h,v) as coax? That is
| really my question. It seems awfully thin. In any event, google has
| not been helpful in understanding what is going on here. I've tried.
| It isn't just a termination question but understanding what the make-up
| of these standard cables is.
|
| James, NSM
| The problem is definitely in the connector. If I wiggle the blue BNC
| connector, there isn't a problem. I can also put a probe on both ends
| (attached with a long wire) and see there isn't a continuity problem in
| the wire itself.

Sorry, you have multiple BNCs? That wasn't clear to me. In that case, yes, I
would expect each to be a separate coax. You can solder or crimp the center
pin on. The shield is usually captured by the connector.

Yes, it was not clear to me that there were 3 lines, either. Ok, three
separate RG-62 (?) lines terminated with BNC connectors would no doubt
be the "individual lines (r,g,b...". Probably (somewhere buried
in the wall) there is a break-out of the RGB lines in the VGA cable and
the long run(s) completed with RG-62 (? 92 ohm -- probably not RG-59 or
RG-58) to provide decent video "at a distance."

Jonesy