NSM

"N Cook" wrote in message
| I was talking to a mechanical engineer today and he mentioned
| that he stores super glue in the fridge - fair enough- I do also.
| But he removes the top so the air can get to it .
| Anyone do the same so it doesn't go off of its own accord when
| excluded from air ? Apparently he's done it for years ever
| since asking the Permabond rep why they never sell full bottles.
|
| electronic hints and repair briefs , schematics/manuals list on
| http://homepages.tcp.co.uk/~diverse

Super Glue

Super glue is an acrylic resin (artificial gum) made from chemicals obtained
from petroleum. When exposed to moisture the small, loosely-bound molecules
in this resin join to form long, tight chains. This enables it to harden
instantly, a process known as “polymerisation”.
Inside the tube, an acid prevents the glue from hardening. But the moment it
touches any surface, moisture in the air makes the gum polymerise. You must
be careful not to drop the glue on your fingers, as it bonds with skin
easily.

http://tinyurl.com/4an9w