Jerry G.

If you can work out the battery rating and voltage, it is possible to
substitute adapt on to the UPS with a gel cell battery that is close to the
original.

--

Jerry G.
======

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have an MGE pulsar EX15 UPS (uninterruptable power-supply), and I
think
the battery or batteries inside have gone bad.

Unfortunately this UPS does not appear to be designed with a
user-servicable
battery. That said, has anyone replaced the battery on this model or
similar
model UPS?

I've replaced the battery in several APC Back-UPS Pro 650 UPSs, but
that
model seemed to have been designed for user-replacement of the
batteries.

Also, does anyone know the size/type/voltage/quantity battery(s) this
UPS
uses? I'm guessing it uses either a 6V or 12V sealed lead acid
batteries
as that's what is typically used, but it'd be nice to know specifically
the exact specifications so I can price a replacement to see if it's
worth
the cost of replacement.