Default Sony KV27S15 weak CRT

This set has a weak CRT and blinks on and off. I jumped the two
parallel resistors on the CRT board which are in series with the heater
and the pix came on. The same thing happens if I tweek the screen up
slightly. I decided to do both and the picture seems to be holding. I
realize this is a "deadman walking" however I would like to give the
customer some rough idea as to life expectancy. Does anyone have any
information, after returning a set like this, (with an explanation of
course), perhaps feedback from customers on this? Also, it occurred to
me that jumping the series heater resistor will increase the heater
current through the flyback. Should I be overly concerned about this on
a set whos' days are numbered anyway? Thanks, Lenny Stein, Barlen
Electronics