James Sweet

wrote in message
oups.com...

James Sweet wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Can I not buy a new tuner?

Yes but you'll still have to solder it so what's the point?

How hard is it to take out the board if I was to take it to a

repair
shop to resolder?

Depends on what you consider hard. If you can disconnect a bunch of
connectors and remove some screws while remembering where it all goes

then
yes.

But I will still have to solder right? I can do the above you mentioned
I believe.

You can usually remove and reinstall the chassis without any soldering, but
as someone else said, you still may have a hard time finding a shop to fix
it, at the very least they likely won't give you any sort of warranty.