Cox West

My brother is a finish carpenter. He commented recently that he rarely uses
cherry anymore for a library, but instead uses poplar. Wipes it with
Denatured alchohol first. I forget his exact words, but it does something
to the pores so that all the peices take the stan in the same manner, for
consitancy of the finish. Perhaps someone else could comment on this
further.

Dave

"Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott"
et wrote in message
I have a little project upcoming that will want some nice stained wood
bits. I don't need to match any existing wood bits, just need to get a
dark, rich-looking, slightly reddish finish on a few drawer faces. My local
HD stocks poplar and maple. Poplar is less-expensive.

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 Type 2: the Wonderbus