mac davis

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 22:41:21 GMT, Badger
wrote:

foggytown wrote:

Please tell me I'm not the only one who saves almost every little scrap
and offcut because it "might" be "useful" some day. My shed is
beginning to look like an explosion at Lumber R Us!

FoggyTown

Dam no, my neighbours know who to ask for:
1. first (emergency) aid, even though I don't bring an ambulance home
from work anymore.
2. help to jump start car.
3. open their locked front door, without keys....
4. call for all sorts of wood should they not have what they need
(they see me trailer it in often enough!).

I also collect useful fittings, plumbing odments etc, as well as wood.

Though with the last lot I sent one load west for a horse owner to make
a rotdown box, and another south to a Scout group for next years campfires!

At work I'm the first one who gets asked, do you want that?

Recycle as much as possible, waste not want not still holds true for me!

Niel.

I haven't thrown away a useful screw nut, fitting, bracket, etc. etc.
etc. in at least 30 years... I have a wall of plastic bins...

The neighborhood comes to me when they need a odd bolt, etc... they
all say "check with Mac, he has everything".. lol