Silvan

Default Looking for fellow packrats

Badger wrote:

I also collect useful fittings, plumbing odments etc, as well as wood.

That reminds me of an interesting facet of being a packrat, and now I'm
wondering if *I* am the only one.

I have a 3/4" boiler valve around here somewhere. I bought a 3/4" when I
needed a 1/2", but rather than take it back, I just threw it in a drawer
somewhere. I've done that quite often. If I buy the wrong
size/type/whatever hardware/bits/bobs I'm as likely as not just to keep
them anyway and then go buy the ones I did need.

It's really silly. No wonder all my closets and sheds are overflowing, and
I've actually thrown some boxes in my attic, on top of the 24" of
fluffyfill stuff. No wonder I have a trebuchet on my front porch.

(Although, hey, I made part of that trebuchet out of some chain I bought by
mistake ages ago and threw in a box somewhere, and 3/4 of that thing is
made out of stuff one of my neighbors threw away over the years.)

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/