Stanky

Default How to you replace broken glass in a vinyl window?

Good morning,

Last week I think some of the neighborhood kids went wild with their pellet
guns.

The result was ....I now have a broken second story window. No one fessed up
and insurance is saying it's my baby with $500 deductible.

How do you remove the vinyl trim from the inside without damage? I assume
this trim snaps in somehow and can be removed. I poked around with a screw
driver but decided I should ask a few questions before I screw it up.

I would like to do this myself...... repair guy is talking $ 300 to 400 to
replace the entire window. He says the double pane can't be removed must
replace the whole thing (remove, replace, drywall & repaint).

I think this is bull........worse it took 4 phone calls to get the guy to
look at it and another 4 so far to get a response (he said he wanted to talk
to the original installer). We phoned the original installer and they gave
us this guy to do the repair. All of this smells seriously wrong (rip off
in the making)

Any tips and information would be greatly appreciated given I'd like to
minimize my out of pocket costs.

Please reply to the group and Thank you in advance.