The Guy

Default Balancing a one-piece wooden garage door

Hi,

Does anyone have tips on balancing a one piece (non-sectional,
non-rollup) wooden garage door (2-car garage). I'm replacing all four
springs, and putting in a new Genie screw drive opener (last one lasted
26 yrs!) I've always been under the impression that if the door holds
stationary when the bottom of the door is about a foot or two off the
ground that the door is balanced...is this true?

Should the spring tension be increased if the door does not hold
stationary...or decreased?

I'll post a summary if I get enough response.

TIA

--
SteveO