William

"Brett A. Thomas" wrote in message
Pounds on Wood wrote:
Sounds like a lot of locks, when the best solution might be a lock on

the
garage/shop door. Kids don't need to be playing unsupervised in a

garage
even if it only houses the family car.

Well, in the short term that's the plan - when they're this age, they
never need to be out there.

I know when I was, say 12, I spent a lot of time relatively unsupervised
in the garage. I don't think they should have to get me to get a
(neander) saw. My *hope* is that, when they're that age, I won't have
to worry about them around power tools, either - I know when I was 12
you couldn't've paid me enough to turn on my Grandfather's radial arm
saw, I thought it was terrifying (even though I'd worked on it with
him). But we won't know for sure until we get there, and there are
always kids' friends who may be over and less intelligent than my own
genius progeny . Whatever the exact age, I expect that there will be
a point when I'm willing to trust them to use neander tools but not
power tools.

-BAT

Good LUCK! When I was about 10 years old my father want to keep me from
running the table saw so he installed a fused switch on it with a paddle
lock on the switch lever.... Thought it was all safe.... Wrong answer:-)
it did not lock the fuse cover, so I just unplugged it ( did not want a
nasty shock:-) and jumpered around the fuse and switch and then plugged it
in to turn it on and unplugged it for off.... BTW I still have all my
fingers!

William.....