T i m

Default Dremel Multi Tool or Cheaper alternative?

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 08:21:30 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman
wrote:

In article ,
PoP wrote:
I recently had to cut a large oblong hole in a plasterboard wall
because a new bath was slightly longer than the bathroom, and this
required one end of the bath to poke into that wall.

This job could not have been done easily with a padsaw because there
were a couple of buried vertical wooden struts buried in the wall. The
Rotozip did the job perfectly well.

I had to fix a batten to the wall first and then run the Rotozip along
the batten to make a nice straight line. I surely wouldn't have
relished that job without the Rotozip!

A jigsaw? If you only have a Rotozip then of course that will do it too,
but it's not the only way. I do have a B&Q 'Rotozip', but it's not come
out of the box often. Perhaps I should play with it more.

[T] Josing aside here Dave I do have and use a couple of padsaws. One
has a fairly course 6" blade and is great for plasterboard or taking a
bit off a sticky out piece of oood etc. The other has a hacksaw blade
in it for getting to that akward pipe or nail ;-)

I recently helped a mate replace 8 wooden framed ally 'Crittal' (sp?)
windows with UPVC ones.

We used his 800W sabre saw to 'gently' cut out the old frames whilst
doing little / no damage to the overlapping exterior render and
internal plasterwork.

All the best ..

T i m