Brett A. Thomas

Ok, almost got it then, I think. Thank you, you've saved me many hours!

So, I get three or four button and contactor blocks, like this one:

http://web4.automationdirect.com/adc/Shopping/Catalog/Pushbuttons_-z-_Switches_-z-_Indicators/Eaton_Cutler-Hammer_22mm_(E22_Series)/Emergency_Stop_-z-_Mushroom_Pushbuttons_-a-_Stations/E22JLB2N8B

I then connect them to a 40 amp, 24 volt contactor, such as this 2 pole
model:

http://store.yahoo.com/waterheater/c2con40amp2p.html

I also connect one side of the contactor to a 30 amp/220 volt circuit on
my existing subpanel, and the other side to the input of the new subpanel.

Assuming all this is correct, I only have one question - does the
contactor step the 220 down to 24v for the buttons? Or do I need a
seperate transformer to do that? Something like this, maybe?

http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.as...tname=electric

Thanks again!

-BAT