Jerry Martes

Larry

Try a little Stay-Clean (a Harris proiduct) as the flux next time you want
to soft solder stainless. It makes soft soldering stainless easy.

I have been successfull with soldering tabs on all the "good quality"
batteries I've worked with. I have ruined some "import/low cost" cells by
overheating them with the soldering iron.

Jerry

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 09:51:25 -0800, "patrick mitchel"
calmly ranted:

Bah, freeze the cells then do a quicky with a good soldering iron- usually
does the deed without damaging the vent plastic on the top (+) of the
cell.-
did the same for a bunch of makita 9.6 stick packs/a drill master 12 v
battery (2 of them) and a 9.6 black and decker. Can get the cells pretty
reasonably at batteryspace.com or american scientific had some 6v-sub c
packs for sale pretty cheap- but used. Pat

Aren't these stainless cans? I've never had good luck soldering them.
I tried a few years ago and they didn't hold together worth a damn.

Like peace and quiet? Buy a phoneless cord.
http://www/diversify.com/stees.html Hilarious T-shirts online