rednelb

a gallon pot of BB or pennies... that is alot of pennies or BBs. It would
work though

"ameijers" wrote in message

"orangetrader" wrote in message
Just put together a tall bathroom cabinet like this:

http://www.ikea-usa.com/webapp/wcs/s...ay?catalogId=1
0101&storeId=12&productId=10984&langId=-1&parentCats=10101*13717*10136

The cabinet is skinny and tall so when I touch it on the side it sways.

It
rests on four adjustable metal legs. In reading the installation guide
there are two holes on the top where you can screw the cabinet to the
wall
to stop the sway. Well my bathroom is an exterior bathroom with CBS
construction and tiled walls, so I am not going to drill two holes
through
my tiles especially there is no furing strip behind it where I want to

place
this cabinet.

Any idea what I can do to stop the cabinet from swaying? Some sort of
angles or cross brace?

Well, you can't change the laws of physics, but you can fine-tune reality
little sometimes. Do what another poster said about
gluing/stapling/whatever
the back all the way around, so the thing acts more like a box than a
house
of cards. Make sure the floor is level underneath, and it isn't rocking on
tile hump or carpet tack strip. Adjust the legs so it leans back
ever-so-slightly, so it doesn't want to fall forward and stuff doesn't
roll
off shelves. Put something real heavy in the bottom shelf, like a fake
plant
in a gallon pot of BBs or pennies. And if you don't want to mess up the
wall, tie off the top with industrial velcro (if it is close enough), or a
couple of those big hooks with the magic adhesive that lets go when you
pull
the tab, tied to a loop of clear monofiliment fish line run through the
mounting holes the manufacturer supplied in the cabinet.

aem sends...