Harold & Susan Vordos

"Tim Williams" wrote in message
"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
Even aluminum requires a machine that costs like $50k.

No (but that's beside the point). Brass/bronze is also much, much less
conductive than pure copper. An inductor estimating program I have places
even red brass below aluminum in conductivity, and yellow brass and

phosphor
bronze between zinc and tin.

Hey Steve, ain't got any silver solder on hand? A dab of that would fix

it
instantly.

Tim

But at the expense of losing the work hardened condition of the stud.
Likely to be worthless when finished because it would be too soft, and the
thread could be easily screwed up with solder, too. I'd say that's a long
shot. How about making a new one?

Harold