Roger Shoaf

"Tim Wescott" wrote in message
It's not quite on topic, but then what is?

When we bought this place the shop roof leaked. It's a typical pole
building with a metal roof, nails with gaskets and all that wonderful
stuff -- and it's old enough that it was leaking. I had a roofing place
come out to fix it. They said they'd replace the nails, and they ended
up putting in a new nail 2" away from each old nail and spreading goop
around the old nails. Now the roof leaks again. Since they didn't do
what they told me they would in the first place (and since they're damn
slow) I don't particularly want to talk to them ever again, even to get
them to come out and screw up the roof more badly while calling it
"warranty work".

Two questions:

First:

Anybody in the Oregon City/Portland area know of a really good roofer
for metal roofs? I need someone who won't do a half-assed job, and I
understand that you have to pay for quality. If the only choice is to
rip off the roof and do it over that's better than some cheap-ass repair
that drips water on my valuable stuff.

Second:

Anybody anywhere out there have suggestions for what I should be
hearing? I'd certainly like to do something short of tearing the whole
thing off and starting over again, but I don't want another POS roofing

job.

Thanks in advance.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

You might want to check out:
http://www.ondura.com/home.htm

I saw this stuff at Lowe's and it seemed to be some pretty good stuff.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.