BGBevill

Hello,
Recently inspecting my gas furnace I noticed water leaking out of the
condensate pump. So I pulled it out to figure out what is going on.
Here is what I found: The unit runs when empty but will not run when
water is added. I put it in the sink, turned it on (with no water in
it and it started running), I turned the tap on and started filling it
with water. It ran and did pump water out until it filled up to a
certain point then the pump stopped. It then overfilled and started
pouring water out of the fill hole.

Now I am no handy man. In fact I know very little about anything
having to do with my house (except the things I've learned since owning
a house these last 6 months) but does this pump seem like it is working
backwards? Shouldn't it pump with water in it and then stop when most
has been removed? Any ideas? There is a float switch and I reversed
the wires but that changed nothing. Ideas anyone.
Thank you for any suggestions.

Take a closer look at the float arm that trips the micro switch to start the
pump. It should make the switch when the float rises. Something is amiss with
yours, or you have something very different from anything I have ever seen....

Bobby