Ed Sirett

Default Advice on which shower mixer?

Lee Blaver wrote:

BigWallop wrote:

Have a look through these:

list snipped

Should me able to make your mind up wth the information in this lot. :-)
LOL

I've had a look at all of those and I'm still none-the-wiser :-(

Thanks though :-)

Go thermostatic, it wont need pressure balancing (and if you feed it
with cold mains as you should it is more or less balanced anyway). Mixer
manufacturers make (astounding) claims for the pressure ratios their
gadgets can handle.

Avoid concealed unless you have access to the wall from the other side.
More than once I've seen a slight installation fault on concealed cause
disporportionate damage.
If you do go concealed make absolutely sure it's done right and water
proof.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk