Vaughn

"Richard Ferguson" wrote in message

Actually, the asphalt shingle roofs are very durable if you use the
shingles with longer waranties. I think that the fiberglass shingles
cost a bit more, but last longer.

I live in an area that suffered two hurricanes this year, and I have just
about decided that I never want to live under an asphalt and/or fiberglass
shingle roof. Metal roofs seemed to do much better than shingles. Concrete
roofs (like mine) did best.

For what it is worth, in my region of the country, about 95% of the
roofers are Mexicans. I think the foremen speak english.

If the Foreman speaks english, you got the GOOD crew!

Vaughn