Richard Ferguson

The metal seamed roofs are nice, but are one of the most expensive roofs
available. I suggest that you get a price on the metal seamed as well
as conventional metal roofs. I also favor screws vs nails. The roofs
that I have seen use a rubber washer to seal the screw hole.

Actually, the asphalt shingle roofs are very durable if you use the
shingles with longer waranties. I think that the fiberglass shingles
cost a bit more, but last longer.

For what it is worth, in my region of the country, about 95% of the
roofers are Mexicans. I think the foremen speak english.

Richard

Ed Angell wrote:
SNIP

"Tim Wescott" wrote in message

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Living in the great NW does present it's problems. Grant gave you the

right answers . Trying to save a frigged up job is throwing your money
away. Get a roof system that is held down by edge clips that are totally
covered by the standing seam of the next panel. The only screw through the
surface would be what is called a drag screw, keeps the panel from sliding
off and it is covered up by the ridge flashing when the roof is finished.
Accept no substitutes !! I have that style roof on my shop and if my memory
serves me, it might have a 20-25 year life.

Ed Angell