Greg O

What ever floats your boat! I love people that maintain equipment like you
do, more money in my pocket!!
Change the oil every fall reguardless of the hours. Oil is cheap! Metal is
expensive!
Greg

"Jim" jim wrote in message ...
I've ran my 14 Hp lawn tractor since 1994 and I think I've changed the oil
twice.... I've had to put a new battery in it though. It starts great and
runs as good as the day I bought it...so I wouldn't worry about running a
lawnmower a few times and worrying about changing the oil.
FREQUENT oil changes in small motors is the brainshild of
retailers. LOL...Flame away....but after your done...come on over to my
place and I'll let you take my tractor for a ride............. Jim

"Bubba" wrote in message
On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 17:59:45 -0500, Taylor
wrote:

I purchased my lawn mower (6.5 hp B&S engine) new in September. I
only needed to use a few short times to mow the front yard before
the first freeze came. Since the engine has hardly been used
much I was contemplating skipping the first seasonal oil change
this fall. Will this be ok for the engine? I like to keep the
oil clean but it seem silly to change it so soon.

I will run the gas tank dry as soon as I can get a decent day to
do it here.

Thanks!

Ok, Think real hard now Einstein.
Why Oh Why would you contemplate saving $2 for a quart of oil over the
risk of damaging your new lawnmower?
Sorry but your post just makes no sense at all.
Bubba