Hound Dog

"Taylor" wrote in message
I purchased my lawn mower (6.5 hp B&S engine) new in September. I
only needed to use a few short times to mow the front yard before
the first freeze came. Since the engine has hardly been used
much I was contemplating skipping the first seasonal oil change
this fall. Will this be ok for the engine? I like to keep the
oil clean but it seem silly to change it so soon.

I will run the gas tank dry as soon as I can get a decent day to
do it here.

Thanks!

I never do a "winter season" drain of the oil and gasoline in my lawn mower.

I use my mower every month or so in the winter just to chop up the oak
leaves that would be piling up otherwise, and to keep my lawn neat and tidy.

Around the end of March, I have complete maintenance done on my mower
including having the blade sharpened or if needed, replaced.