Larry Jaques

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 12:17:09 -0800, Tim Wescott
calmly ranted:

Larry Jaques wrote:

I recently replaced one of the two dead Ryobi 14.4v batt packs which
several years of abuse before dying on me. It appears that just a few
of the dozen cells in each pack have gone bye-bye. I'd like to rebuild
one from the dregs of the other and wondered what you guys used to
spotweld the cells together. I've heard that they don't like to be
soldered _at_all_.

Who here has rebuilt packs and how did you attach the cells?

If the cells are that old they're all at end-of-life anyway. Buy all
new cells and build your own pack. Batteries America will cell you
sells (?).

I can buy new packs off Ebay for less than I can get new cells
locally. But I hate to toss good cells if they can be put to
use once again. Besides, I'm a tighta^H^H^H^H^H^Hfrugal person.

Like peace and quiet? Buy a phoneless cord.
http://www/diversify.com/stees.html Hilarious T-shirts online