Bob Engelhardt

Glenn Lyford wrote:
Now the remedy: If this were something common like a
Southbend, Logan, or Monarch, I'd just try to track
down another tailstock. It's a 14" Hendey, 1890's
vintage. Probably not going to happen, so probably
best to try to repair what I've got.

From the other replies it seems as though your repairing this one might
be kinda tricky. Maybe you should reconsider a replacement, but with a
twist: how about adapting a SB, Logan, whatever to your lathe. Get a
slightly smaller one and machine a plate adapter. It seems to me that
the machining would be less demanding. Not that I've ever done this, so
maybe somebody else can comment.

Bob