Gary

Greg O wrote:
"Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott"
et wrote in message

On 12/11/2004 10:10 AM Greg O wrote:

"Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott"
j.michael.elliottAT@REMOVETHEOBVIOUSadelphiaDO T.net wrote in message

Maybe I am missing something. Here's the goal:

WEEK 1 Program: M-F heat house by 6 am. Weekend, do nothing.
WEEK 2 Program: M-F heat house by 7:30 am. Weekend, do nothing.
Then alternate Week 1 and Week 2 programs.

I don't see enough differance to bother with it. Just run your week 1
program all the time.
Greg

Heat the house for an hour and a half extra in the morning? Easy for
/you/ to say! I am a light sleeper and easily woken up in the morning --
something I wish didn't happen. I envy folks who can slumber on and on
in the morning, undisturbed by helicopters and cannon fire. Unlike me -
the sound of the furnace firing up wakes me, AND a house warm enough for
wandering around in, wearing pajamas is too warm (to me) for sleeping.

Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 Type 2: the Wonderbus
84 Westphalia: "Mellow Yellow (The Electrical Banana)"
KG6RCR

Ok! I did not see a problem as our family's schedule changes daily, but the
stat stays the same in regards to the program. Your best bet maybe to wire
in two thermostats, and enable/disable them with a switch.
Greg

You could also switch your thermostat into and out of daylight savings
time every week. The DST button shifts the whole schedule by an hour.
Of course, then it will show the wrong time half of the time, and you
will have to reset the clock rather than use the DST button when the DST
shift really comes. This still isn't automatic, but might get you
closer to what you want. Not a very good solution, but I think you'll
have a hard time finding a 2 week thermostat.