Jeff

Default Well and Pressure tank problem

I have recently experienced well based water supply where the pressure in my
pressure tank drops to zero and eventually repressurizes. The entire
assembly is just over two years old. It uses a submerisble pump (sorry, no
make and model info) with a 20 gallon bladder pressure tank. The well is
380' and had (at drilling) a 7 gpm flow, and we've been getting a fair bit
of wet weather over the past 2 years, so I'm assuming that I haven't run the
well dry. I've recently adjusted the cut in/cut out in order to get some
additional pressure in the second story (though the adjustments weren't too
significant, from 45-72psi to 50-74 psi). There is approx 38 psi above the
bladder. This problem started approx. 2 weeks after making that change.

What I've seen from my trouble shooting. The pressure switch seems to be
working correctly and there is power to the switch. While watching the
pressure gauge, I see a spike approx. once per minute as the ?pump? tries to
kick on. Eventually it catches (not sure if that's the right term), I can
hear the water flowing and the pressure rises to the normal cut off and the
pump cuts out. I can then run the water, decreasing the pressure in the
tank and watch the pressure swithc cut over at the cut in pressure... though
the pump doesn't necessarily cut in.

Some other data points... from a zero pressure, I've seen the pump catch,
and then cut off about a second after, but most of the time, it just kicks
up the pressure (to approx. 40 psi) and then stops... this probably takes
1/2 second.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Jeff