Grant Erwin

Larry Jaques wrote:
I recently replaced one of the two dead Ryobi 14.4v batt packs which
several years of abuse before dying on me. It appears that just a few
of the dozen cells in each pack have gone bye-bye. I'd like to rebuild
one from the dregs of the other and wondered what you guys used to
spotweld the cells together. I've heard that they don't like to be
soldered _at_all_.

Who here has rebuilt packs and how did you attach the cells?

It appears that spotwelding is the method of choice for attaching tabs
to nicads. Spotwelding is normally done with, um, a spotwelder. - GWE