jim rozen

In article , JWDoyleJr says...

A few scars are witness to a useful life. A refinished antique is like an
80-year-old floozy with a brand new boob job.

What's wrong with an 18 year old....

Oh.

Nevermind. :^)

Like the man says, a decent cosmetic repair that is *reversible*
would be the best. You don't know how the next owner of the
machine is going to feel about an epoxy or lumiweld repair
once it becomes an irreplaceable piece of vintage technology.

I do think this when I restore stuff - is anything I do going
to prompt the exclaimation "my god, what was he *thinking*?"
when viewed in the next century.

Jim

please reply to: