Appliance Repair Aid

Ted Kerin wrote:
"Appliance Repair Aid" wrote in message
Always clean/check/adjust the venting system and vent hood as

well!!
jeff.

Hi,

Are there some (new) dryers that are better than others, at

blowing-out the
lint? If so, what sort of specs would we be looking for? Or, is there

particular make/model that's best at keeping the venting system blown

clean?

Nope. Dryer vents are possible getting worse and worse with larger
drums, more air flow required and lower heat temps on modern dryers. I
added a second screen in the duct ( home made ) to help trap some of
the lint that got past the lint filter inside the dryer, but this must
be cleaned at the same time as the dryer one is.
Maytag and Whirlpool seem to some of the strongest air moves for dryer
made today.
Shortest vent with the least amount of elbows is still the best cure
for preventing build up's inside the venting system.
http://www.applianceaid.com/images/v...0a%20dryer.JPG

Thanks for any tips about this. Our venting system has a 90-degree

turn, and
cleaning it involves squeezing into a crawl space to partially

dismantle it,
then blasting it out with a leaf-blower -- a nasty chore.

The leaf blower works well to help flush it out. Some dryer brushs work
good as well.

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=424662
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=424663
jeff.