Harold & Susan Vordos

"Robin S." wrote in message

"Harold & Susan Vordos" wrote in message

Gak?

Yeah. What's a "standard" tolerance for a hole?

At work, we do DIN, ISO, Canadian, American and automotive OEM standards.
I've never heard of a standard hole tolerance (when not stated).

Regards,

Robin

Gotcha!

That's what I meant, sort of round about. My experience in the missile
industry taught me that one was not free to stab a hole in any part and call
it good. While holes often had a specific tolerance, there were times when
they did not. In that case, QC reverted to specific standards, in my case
to MIL specs. My point in posting what I did was that it's a good idea to
double drill holes *because* one is likely not free to end up with holes,
size be damned. You just told me the same thing, only supplying the
references to which you must work. Do you wonder how many have ever
considered that holes must be held to a specification?

Harold