Phisherman

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 21:22:14 GMT, "Denis Marier"
wrote:

I just bought on sale a 48" shoplight.
I did not exactly what type of fluorescent light tubes to get. I got back
home with Super Saver Cold White. Then I learned that I could have
purchased " Daylight or soft white.
I wonder what is the most popular with type used for woodturning.

Denis

Incandescent is best for task lighting. I use a cheap drafting lamp
and built my own wooden base screwed into the wall. I can position
the lamp exactly where I need it. I did the same setup for my router
table, drill press, and chop saw. A fluorescent lamp is tiring to
the eyes and could produce annoying strobe patterns, although I use
fluorescent for general shop lighting.