billh

"Denis Marier" wrote in message
I just bought on sale a 48" shoplight.
I did not exactly what type of fluorescent light tubes to get. I got back
home with Super Saver Cold White. Then I learned that I could have
purchased " Daylight or soft white.
I wonder what is the most popular with type used for woodturning.

Denis

You'll find the tubes you have will give a slight blue color but not really
a big deal. In some of my shop light fixtures I have a cold white tube
paired with a Warm White which makes it more like daylight. My wife also
uses this combination in her plant stand with good results and is a lot
cheaper than the Grow lights. I haven't had any problems with strobe effects
but some people are more sensitive than others to this effect.
Billh