On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 21:03:01 GMT, Andy Asberry
wrote:
||I damned sure know I design based on what I have on hand, rather than
||the often times easier or marginally better or more elegant design
||that requires expendeture of money better spent on a house payment or
||food.

||If you haven't walked past a pile of "junk" and thought you just might
||make something of that, well, you haven't been properly infected.

LOL My wife thinks that's exactly what I am - infected!
I see treasure in a pile of metal scrap.
The guys at the defects bins over at our (auto parts) warehouse think I'm nuts.
I have them save old shock absorbers for me so I can chopsaw the shafts out.
Most are 1/2" or 5/8" x 12" hard steel with a mirror polish. Coincidentally,
the worn shafts in my Atlas QC box are....1/2" & 5/8".
And then there are new (defective) brake rotors, retail displays made of
powdercoated steel tubing.........
Texas Parts Guy