Percival P. Cassidy

And, I should add, our combo DirecTV receiver and TiVo PVR/DVR has dual
tuners, so we can record two different program simultaneously, and even
watch a pre-recorded program at the same time as these other two are
being recorded.

Someone else had complained about not being able to use the
picture-in-picture feature with satellite systems, but since this thing
has twin tuners I assume that we could also get PIP if our TV had that
feature.

Perce

I wrote:

Without a DVR receiver you lose the ability to record now and play back
later *with the same picture quality*. You could still record to a VCR,
but you won't see the same quality on playback.

We have a combo DirecTV receiver and TiVo PVR/DVR that offers features
ike "Season Pass" that will automatically record all episodes of a
particular program (with or without repeats) without us having to worry
about scheduling each episode individually and worrying whether it's on
at a different time or whether it's a 2-hour episode instead of the
usual 1-hour one.

Brikp, what would be missing without a DVR receiver? As you can see I'm
totally ignorant regarding dish viewing. Do you have to ask for
particular
models? Are some better than others? I put dishdepot.com into my
favorites
for now. More research to do. Thanks for your reply. Sherry