Greg O

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in message
We get "local channels" (i.e., the local outlets of the major networks)
via DirecTV, and they broadcast the storm warnings. What we don't get
are the truly local channels such as public access and broadcasts of
city council and school board meetings.

You get the warnings the local channels broadcast, you would get them on an
antenna too. Our cable breaks in on whatever channel you are on and goes to
the weather channel so they can tell you to run and hide because it is
raining outside. If thet ran a banner at the bottem of the screen it would
be ok, but they interupt what ever show you are watching and tune to the
weather channel, you can not turn back to your movie, sports, what ever,
they run the show.
You might be watching a pay per view movie and they will interupt the show!
It ticks me off!
Greg