Percival P. Cassidy

We get "local channels" (i.e., the local outlets of the major networks)
via DirecTV, and they broadcast the storm warnings. What we don't get
are the truly local channels such as public access and broadcasts of
city council and school board meetings.

We've lost our signal twice in the year we've had DirecTV, but only
during torrential rain, not during normal rainfall. But the cable
companies are receiving their signals from satellites too, so sometimes
the signal they receive (and pass on to you) will deteriorate too; the
only difference is that their dishes are bigger.

With any kind of satellite system, your signal quality will depend on
how well your dish can "see" the satellite, so nearby trees and tall
buildings need to be taken into consideration.

Check all the available services and packages and figure out which gives
you the channels you want for the most affordable price.

Perce

On 12/09/04 11:17 pm PaNjDeFemale tossed the following ingredients into
the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Greg, I see what you mean. Positive and negative about both. I didn't realize
you don't get the storm warnings with a dish. I get them with the news
channels on cable. Don't remember if I get them with others. I don't think
on TV Land but maybe I just don't notice, taking them for granted. We pay
139 a month for all cable stations but it's not digital, so if the dish is
almost as good and a lot less cost, that's probably better for us. Thanks for
replying. Sherry