TURTLE

"RobB" wrote in message
I recently had a new Trane XV80 gas furnace along with a White-Rogers
1F81-261 two-stage thermostat installed. The problem is the thermostat, it
produces a loud annoying clicking sound every time the furnace comes on and
off. If I had known this before hand, I would have not purchased it, seeing
as my previous Enerstat one stage was dead silent and had a green LED
indicating on/off setting.

Is anyone familiar with the Honeywell Vision RTH 8500 thermostat and if so
does it make a loud clicking noise? If not, I will take my lost and junk
the White-Rogers for the Honeywell.

This is Turtle.

Any of the White Rogers 80 series will click because of a mechnical relay to
turn it on with. i don't know about the Honeywell RTH 8500 but check with the
person you buy it from and see that it is a electronic controls and not
mechnical relay type. Any person that sells them should know what they are
selling and tell you the difference. Get a electronicly controlled and not a
Mechnical type control.

TURTLE