Gary A. Gorgen

Jim Flanagan wrote:
Hello..
I need some tips as to how and accomplish the following:

I am attempting to restore an antique radio which used an aluminum
chassis that has multiple punched holes. This Aluminum chassis has been
completely dissassembled so that I can througly clean it. The problem
is, there are two holes on the back of the chassis which are not
original (I suppose the previous owners were attempting to 'improve' the
design) and I would like to know how to properly patch these holes in
order to attempt and retain the original look. The two holes are
approximately 1/2" in dia. It should also me mentioned that the
aluminum is NOT painted and that there is some silkscreen printing near
the holes which I prefer to not disturb.

If I were to have someone 'weld' up the holes with Al, is it possible to
sand the area such as to make the hole reasonably invisible. I am sure
that the silkscreening would be ruined in this case, but I could
rescreen the area if necessary. I realize that there is probably no
perfect solution, but it would be appreciated if you guys would offer
any alternative solutions to this problem. I suppose the easiest thing
would to simply use some screws to cover the holes and get on with life...

Anyway, thanks for any help that you may offer...

Jim

1/2" snapin hole plugs. ?

--
Gary A. Gorgen | "From ideas to PRODUCTS"