IMM

Default Making a ruin into something habitable.

"Terry" wrote in message

Interesting; When I visited the UK in
2000 after a continuous absence of
40 years
I couldn't understand
why there were housing shortages and
such UK high housing costs.

The situation need not exist if they allow people access to land to build
their own homes with their own money. Instead we spend huge amounts of
taxpayers money, directly and indirectly, building very small homes to
attempt to fill the homes shortage gap. We always have a homes shortage, the
UK is always has a housing crisis and has had one for the past 200 years.
None of it makes sense at all, well not to the average intelligent person.
It makes sense to large land owners who are amongst the riches people in the
UK...by doing nothing inventive or creative or showing much business
acumen.....just taking rent The situation need not exist.

Land landowners have been engaged in a propaganda campaign for decades in
order to convince the people of the UK that we don't have land, the
countryside is precious and it should be left alone. They have largely
succeeded. People do actually believe it. Wrell they would if they have
been spoon fed lies for decades. Firstly we have a land surplus, secondly,
the countryside is mainly filled with boring open fields of great vsual
merit with much of it subsidised in many ways.

---