PrecisionMachinisT

"fermat" wrote in message
oups.com...
I like your suggestion. The original installation of the air handler
with the bad fuse block is (still) in the attic and the CBs are outside
in the breaker box about 20 ft distant. A separate 240 vac power line
connects them. Could I simply install a substitute fuse block outside
(near the CBs)? They would still be in-line fuses only they would
farther from the unit.

Within a suitable enclosure, probably yes.

Though in addition to just a fuse block, I would prefer to use a
knife-switch type of fused disconnect, this allows one to work on the
equipment without worry of someone throwing the circuit breaker back on when
you are least expecting it.

Similar to this :

SVL