Anthony

jim rozen wrote in
:

This is a restatement of my experience that "the new guys always
gage parts *small* on the OD, and *large* on the bores.

This is because consider the reading correct when the micrometer
or caliper is cranked on/in there really tight. I used to tell them
to run the parts tight/loose as the case would be, to get their
lot to come in on target. But picking up a job that had been run
unsupervised by a "new guy" during the day would invariably start
with double-checking any measurement which required any kind of
sensitive feel when gaging.

Jim

Tis precisely why I prefer air gauges, and LVDT gauges, when possible.

--
Anthony

better idiots.

Remove sp to reply via email